Milo’s Response to the COVID-19 Outbreak
We know the world is confronting an issue of enormous scale and human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of COVID-19. Milo’s is committed to our People First, which includes the communities in which we live and work. As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we are relying on the consistently updated guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to protect both our employees and consumers and do our part to end this global pandemic.
- Formed a COVID-19 TEAm that meets daily to improve and evolve our response. This TEAm is taking aggressive action based on recommendations from the CDC to protect, support and serve our People, Customers and Communities.
- Implemented Mandatory work from home for all associates that do not need to physically present to perform their work on 3/14/20.
- Non-essential visitors are prohibited and essential visitors must pass additional Wellness Screening to be allowed access to any Milo’s site effective 3/14/20.
- Non-essential air and overnight travel are prohibited on 3/14/20.
- We are providing access to free K-12 tutoring, mental health services and daily video updates from the CEO to all associates to inform and support our TEAm through this crisis.
- Implemented $80 per week COVID-19 Crisis Bonus to help our People during this unprecedented global event.
- For associates that must be physically present to perform their work, the following has been implemented and is continuing to improve and evolve for their safety and support:
- Hired nurses are at the production facility 24/7 to conduct wellness checks at all shift changes to ensure associate’s health and that of individuals that live with them, and conduct temperature checks.
- Setup tents so that trained medical staff can conduct wellness checks outside the facility and according to social distancing guidelines to prevent anyone with a temperature and/or other COVID-19 symptoms access to our facilities.
- Implemented contact-less clock in via an app on associate’s phone to mitigate touch points and congregation.
- Implementing shift change meetings on phones while associates are in their car to promote Social Distancing.
- Additional sanitation supplies including wipes, hand soap and anti-bacterial gels.
- Face protection is required in the production facility and when social distancing is not feasible.
- Managing breaks and lunches to stagger and promote social distancing.
- Hired additional cleaning staff on all shifts and in all areas.
- Gatherings at our production facilities such as Quarterly Luncheons and Town Halls have been postponed.
- Suspension of pick-up donation program to keep employees safe.
We are taking every precaution we know of to ensure we protect our TEAm, our Customers and You. If there is something you know of that we could do to further strengthen our response to COVID-19, please reach out to us. We would love to hear from you so please call us at 205-424-4284, reach out on social or use the contact form on this website.