Milo’s Sweet Tea Turkey Brine
- 1 gallon Milo's Famous Sweet Tea
- 1 c. kosher salt
- 3 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, pealed
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 10 c. ice
- In a large stock pot, combine the Milo's Famous Sweet Tea and kosher salt. Heat, stirring frequently until salt is dissolved. Add onion, lemon, garlic and rosemary. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- When the broth mixture has cooled, pour it into a clean 5 gallon bucket. Stir in the ice.
- Wash and dry your turkey. Making sure you have removed the innards. Place the turkey, cavity side up, into the brine. Making sure that the cavity gets filled. Cover and place the bucket in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the turkey carefully draining off the excess brine and pat dry. Discard excess brine.
- Cook the turkey as desired, reserving the drippings for gravy.