Sweet Tea Oven Roasted Corn
The Simple Parent
8 ears of corn
- 2 1/2 c. Milo's Famous Sweet Tea
- 8 ears of corn
- 3 T. salted butter, divided
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 tsp. corn starch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the husks and silks from the corn. You can do this by microwaving the corn for 3-4 minutes and then cutting off the stalk end about 1-inch into the corn. Then press on the other end and slide the corn out of the husk.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place corn on the pan.
- Rub corn with 1 tablespoon of softened butter. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn corn and bake for an addition 15-20 minutes or until corn is tender.
- For the glaze: Heat Milo's Famous Sweet Tea and honey together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes. You want the liquid to reduce by about half.
- Cut up remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the butter pieces to the liquid and stir with a whisk until it's completely melted.
- Spoon 3 Tablespoons of liquid into a small bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk it together until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch mixture back to the remaining liquid glaze. Add salt and whisk together.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 3-4 minutes or until it thickens to a glaze consistency. Drizzle or brush over roasted corn and enjoy!