Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 c. Milo's Famous Unsweet Tea
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice mix
- 2 c. vanilla ice cream, softened
- spiced dark rum
- whipped cream, optional
- nutmeg, optional garnish
- cinnamon, optional garnish
- Make the Batter: Using an electric mixer (or blender) beat softened butter until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, sugars and spice and continue mixing until well blended. Whisk in softened ice cream. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal and freeze at least 3 hours (mixture will not turn fully solid). Note: Batter may be stored in freezer up to 3 months.
- Make the cocktail or mocktail beverage: When ready to serve, bring a few cups of tea to a boil. Whisk 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin butter batter and 1-2 fluid ounces of rum to each warm mug. Pour boiling tea over each and stir. Note: For a mocktail, replace dark rum with 1 - 2 fl. oz. of rum extract.
- To Garnish: Add whipped cream, a sprinkle of ground nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.
- Serve warm and enjoy!