Milo’s Sweet Tea Caramelized Onions
Olive and Tate
- 3 tbsp. Milo's Famous Sweet Tea
- ½ stick of salted butter
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- In a heavy bottomed pan or skillet, melt butter on medium heat added sliced red onion to the warm pan mix until onions are coated with butter cook on medium low heat, stirring regularly
- The onions will change from a clear state to a light brown state, once the onions are light brown, add the Milo's Sweet Tea to the pan, stirring with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Allow the onions to continue cooking on medium to medium low heat until desired level of done-ness. I prefer mine to be very dark brown and the sweet tea to thicken.
- Note: if you're serving a crowd for the holidays plan to increase your cooking time by 20-30 minutes. Lower and slower will be your friend with this recipe!