Milo’s Famous Sweet Tea Grilled Short Ribs
Chef Tiffany Derry
- 2 c. Milo’s Famous Sweet Tea
- 1 c. Milo’s Lemonade
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ c. yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 c. hoisin sauce
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 lbs. flanken-style beef short ribs, ½ inch thick
- 2 tbsp. oil, for grilling
- ¼ c. cilantro, lightly chopped
- 1 tbsp. White sesame seeds
- For marinade: In a sauce pot, combine sesame oil, Milo’s Famous Sweet Tea and Milo’s Lemonade. Reduce by half and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine remaining marinade ingredients including reduced tea and lemonade and process until smooth.
- For shortribs: Place beef and marinade in a bowl or resealable bag and allow to marinade for a minimum of one hour, preferably overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Use oil if needed to wipe down.
- Remove meat from marinade and wipe off excess marinade. Place on the hot grill and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Meat should have a slight char.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with lettuce and herbs or mashed potatoes.