Milo’s Cherry Iced Tea
- 1 g. Milo's Famous Unsweet Tea
- 2 lbs. frozen dark sweet cherries
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cherry or strawberry extract, for added flavor (optional)
- ½ c. honey
- cherries, to garnish
- pineapple chunks, to garnish
- sliced strawberries, to garnish
- cranberries, to garnish
- ¼ c. fresh mint leaves, optional to add mint flavor
- 4 c. ice cubes
- In a medium saucepan, heat frozen cherries, and water. Heat and stir occasionally; about 8 minutes.
- If you'd like a mint taste to your ice tea, add 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves; this is optional.
- Whisk in granulated sugar. Remove from heat and whisk until dissolved; about 2 minutes. Strain syrup over a fine mesh strainer. Discard fruit and keep liquid. Stir in 1 teaspoon cherry or strawberry extract for added flavor.
- Allow cherry simple syrup to cool.
- Pour 1 gallon Milo's Famous Unsweet Tea into a pitcher with 3-4 cups of ice. Stir in cherry simple syrup and honey. More unsweet tea can be added for less sweetness. More sugar can be added for more sweetness.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple, cherries, cranberries, and mint.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.